Regeneration
Spiritual health. The process of self-examination pointed me toward
the health of my spirit and soul. How much do I nourish these pieces of me? After years of blindly accepting my age-old beliefs in the Creator and His involvement in my life, I know now, for sure, what I believe in. Simply put, my personal belief in God as my creator and Jesus Christ as my saviour comes from my life experiences - not from what I was told to believe. How reassuring to know that I know what I know. As a fifty+ "senior", life's trials can take me in two different directions. I can be negative and fearful of my future (especially in the current crisis our country finds itself in) or I can embrace the trials in life and become stronger and wiser. People can see me as an aging woman without usefulness or purpose. Or, they can see me glowing with optimism and regeneration. My life has been well spent. Mine is a life of contradictions...poor...rich...challenging...joyful...sorrowful...confusing...betrayed...redeemed. What more could I ask for other than to live the remaining half of my life as an inspiration to others. How will I do that? I will continue to regenerate, reinvent and restore myself in all its pieces. I do not have to settle. I will not settle.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home