Rethinking
On Friday, five of my high school friends will be joining me in my home for lunch. I've been waiting for this day...my turn to host, for the last 6 months. I tweaked as many rooms in my home as time, energy and finances allowed for this event. I have seen the homes of my friends...all unique and lovely...comfortable...inviting. This is how I want my home to be perceived. Am I a little nervous? Sure. I have mentioned in other posts that I am in the midst of reinventing my life...one "reinvent" involves my basement thinking...my need to please (more on that later). I know you can relate. A "doer" is a "doer" for a good reason...it puts her/him in a position to please...others.
As a recovering people-pleaser, I am happy to announce that I am nervous but looking forward to opening my home to my friends without fear of what they make think. Oh, horrors! One year ago, I would have been miserable and dreading this event...what if my home doesn't meet their standards? What if the paint color in my kitchen is too bright...my decor too eclectic? Is there a theme in my home...a color or pattern that pulls it all together and creates "flow"?
Who knows...who cares? Not me, and not a true friend, of which I have several coming to dine with me on Friday. Welcome, dear friends to my humble abode. Vicki


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home